The Lineolated Parakeet - no "ordinary parrot"!
05.02.05: There occured blue-white pied Lineolated Parakeets in Germany and the Netherlands nearly at the same time. Further information please find on the mutation page.
For information exchange we are looking for breeders of pied Lineolated parakeets! Please contact us via e-mail, or use the contact form.
19.12.04: Selection of breeder data (of German breeders) now is possible via a map, which is divided in post code areas. By this you can find a breeder of Lineolated Parakeets close to your location.
26.10.04: Katharinchen and Kalli - these are the names of our two "sponsor Lineolated Parakeets". Further information please find HERE.
01.08.04: As some of you may have noticed, the website www.katharinasittiche.de/en was not accessible from July, 24th to August, 5th 2004. Due to the fact that the previous webspace provider was characterised by pronounced disinterest concerning our requests (no answers to several requests submitted via a "support form", shut down of the support forum as well as the "emergency telephone code"), we drew the only acceptable consequence and now are able to present the Linnie-page under the wings of a new webhost. We hope that we thereby solved the problems of repeatedly occurring malfunctions of the website.
On the occasion of the change we want to present some interesting facts and statistics about www.katharinasittiche.de/en:
- Altogether there had been counted more than 35,000 hits to the website since September, 29th 2002!
- The average number of accesses is approximately 103 hits per day or about 3000 per month, respectively, since the beginning of the year 2004.
- Most of our users visit the website between 12 o'clock a.m. and 2 o'clock p.m. as well as between 6 and 10 o'clock in the evening.
- Counting 82 registered members and nearly 10,000 articles the Linnie-forum is a popular place for exchange of information and for discussions.
- The "genetic calculator" for the estimation of colour mutations of Lineolated Parakeets offspring had been used more than 15,0000 times.
- Since the Linnie-page was made available in English, the amount of international public went up nearly to 10%.
The following countries/states have been registered in the past months: Germany, Switzerland, Austria, The Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Iceland, Great Britain, Ireland, Italy, France, Spain, Portugal, Greece, Cyprus, Turkey, Israel, Czech Republic, Poland, Slovakia, Croatia, Yugoslavia, Macedonia, Belarus, Russia, Hungary, Brazil, Peru, Guatemala, Dominican Republic, Costa Rica, Belize, Venezuela, Mexico, Argentina, Chile, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zeeland, Tonga, Morocco, Tuvalu, South Africa, Japan, Taiwan, Singapore, Thailand, Philippines, Hong Kong.
Thank you for your interest and your constancy!